I am having problems with some users getting "unpacking errors" while opening a survey. What causes this?

04-08-2018 10:20 AM
DonMaxwell
New Contributor III

I am sharing a survey with non esri users for a fiels survey. Most of them are able to load with no problems but a handful of users get "unpacking errors". Any ideas?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oscar

We have confirmed that this is a bug and we plan to fix it in 2.8 (mid May release). We will also look to get a beta build out for testing in advance and will share this via the Early adopter community when available.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JamesPrice4
New Contributor II

Hi Johnathon,

Do you have an exact date of the 2.8 release?

As i am releasing something near mid May that time, however having the same problem i would like to delay it until the bug is fixed.

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James

We are aiming for the 15th, which is likely - although we can't guarantee this.

Could you let me know what platform you are using and whether you would want to test out the beta build that contains the fix?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Fernando_LuisRodríguez_Valle
New Contributor II

we have the same problem

https://arcg.is/1zCPyf

I can not download (unpacking) any survey (Huawey 9 Plite) and my partner can without problems

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fernando, 

I am also able to download the form successfully.  One thing to check is if a previous download is on the phone - if you have a file browser, look in the ArcGIS/My Surveys/ folder for a directory or file names "7a19cb33f3cb44c1bc2e39574d624102" (the id of the survey).  Remove it and attempt to download again.

0 Kudos
Fernando_LuisRodríguez_Valle
New Contributor II

Version 3.0.144

0 Kudos
KyleErisman1
New Contributor II

Experiencing the same issue with the unpacking error.

We Used Survey123 Connect to set up the survey and has worked well from web browser to app. Tested on our side and had no issues. We presented this to our client and everything checked out. Our clients were ready to put it in use when this error occurred. They are using the Survey123 app and are using AGOL credentials since this project is meant for organizational purposes only.

I'm awaiting reply on what kind of device is having this issue but I'm curious if there is a clear way to get around this problem. I've tried and suggested possible solutions here and the reported Bug on the matter.

Thanks

JTedrick-esristaff

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kyle,

There can be a few reasons for an unpacking error: 1) A transient issue occurred in the download of the form to the device; 2) the zip library on the device has an error while unzipping the form.

Can you provide details of what devices are being used?  Are you able to clear out any files that may be left over in the form (they will be located in <user_home>/ArcGIS/My Surveys/ on Windows/Mac, /sdcard/ArcGIS/My Surveys/ on Android).

0 Kudos
RicciLucas
New Contributor III

Hi James,

We are having unpacking issues as well. I have cleared out the downloaded surveys on my ios device and still no change. We plan to use in on iPhone XR devices, but I have only tested it on iPhone 8. Here is our survey link. https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/c4faa6c86c37474ebdc1d1ca4e49f893?portalUrl=https://maps.vbartlett... 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am wondering if the bug was fixed? I am getting the unpacking error as well. I am in Enterprise 10.9.1 and using desktop.

Thank you,

Annette

0 Kudos