How to hide the first (selectOne)question after the first repeat

Jump to solution
02-27-2022 05:57 AM
Iron_Mark
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a repeat question asking if the operator see any particular item. If they answer yes the question map will appear asking them to record the point of the discovery. This repeat can go ahead as many times as the operator see that item in the area.

The thing is that after they collect the point there is no need to answer to the question "Do you see any of these item?" again. they only need to answer the map question adding a geopoint and eventually press the + icon and add another geopoint, another and another.

How can I hide the "Select one_YesNo" question after the first repeat?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HuubZwart
Occasional Contributor

Why don't you pull the "Select one_YesNo" question out of the repeat and add the outcome to the "relevant" option for the repeat? Only show the repeat if the "Select one_YesNo" question is answered with "Yes"?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HuubZwart
Occasional Contributor

Why don't you pull the "Select one_YesNo" question out of the repeat and add the outcome to the "relevant" option for the repeat? Only show the repeat if the "Select one_YesNo" question is answered with "Yes"?

Iron_Mark
New Contributor III

Thanks,

I accepted this as the solution I thought the same but I wanted to ask to see if there were others solution for this. So glad you confirmed it, that's what I used to solve the problem.

I haven't tried the solution from the other guy but I say thanks to him as well and I will keep that in my record so that I can test it later on.

ErikHerbergMETC
New Contributor III

In addition to the idea from the previous commenter, you could try using the position() function. For example, it might work if you add position(..)=1 to the relevant column of the select_one question that you only want to see on the first repeat.