How to dynamic selects from pre-loaded data?

Jump to solution
01-11-2017 12:04 PM
Rami-Alouta
Esri Contributor

Hi Guys,

So we are facing a problem with trying to select a choice from a pre-loaded data.

We had an external choices list for different business names that had almost 70 000 records. In our workflow we were using the pulldata function to pull Addresses Coordinates Phone numbers etc.. once selecting_one_external business.

we figured out that a more convenient workflow could be followed which is to pull these business names directly from the csv that we have and in that way we save ourselves a lot of back end work.

Therefore, we followed the workflow listed here: 

Which didn't realy work, therefore I thought of doing this on a very smaller scale and just copied the examples that are listed here:

search_and_select - Google Sheets 

fruits - Google Sheets 

Those are documented in the xlxs forms. yet this very simple example didn't work too, where I am sure that I have exactly the same listed fields and sheets.

Once I load the survey I will be seeing the choices listed in the choice list and not the csv in the case my choice will be "name".

I think the problem is in the search() expression where it is not reaching out to the csv. I double checked for search in the types sheet under appearances and still I can't find it.

Please if anyone knows what is the problem here let me know.

Thanks,

Rami

https://community.esri.com/people/tcraig-esristaff/blog/2016/02/16/survey123?sr=search&searchId=e4e4...Survey123 for ArcGIS

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rami,

Currently we do not yet support the search() function- we've added it to the list of enhancements.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rami,

Currently we do not yet support the search() function- we've added it to the list of enhancements.

DaltonBloom
New Contributor III

I just tested the search() function in beta, and although I was not able to get this function to read from local CSV files in the Survey123 media folder, I was able to have the search() function read from the REST URLs from the hosted CSV files. Though the final survey web form only worked on the Survey123 beta website. Are there any updates on when the search() function will be fully released?

0 Kudos