How to create Tick Boxes for a survey123 report

Jump to solution
01-21-2020 08:48 AM
SeanNagy1
New Contributor III

I have created a survey and i want the report to still show all the options as part of the report, but only show a check box in certain locations for the items selected in multiple choice and single choice items. It is not working and I'm not sure if i just am not writing the formula correctly in the report or if there is a step I am missing somewhere. I attached the form and report (the report doesn't have formulas everywhere since i just wanted to see if i could get it to work)

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sean Nagy‌  I am attaching here a new version of your template. I was able to add the checkboxes as shown below. 

I think there are two issues causing your errors: function name and field names.

Function names: You are using the function checked, which I  replaced with selected*.  We are about to add the checked function into the software but it is not available just yet. We are hours away from it...

• This is what I used: ${Flow_Conditions | selected: "Dry"} Wet

Please note that we will updating the selected and checked functions today. Stay tuned to new announcements in our blog.  

Field names: The name in your XLSForm is Flow_Condtions not Flow_Conditions

• This is what I used: ${Flow_Condtions | selected: "Dry"} Wet

In the attached template you will also note that I replaced your curly quotes (”Dry”)  to straight quotes ("Dry"). I was able to get things to work with your original curly quotes, but to avoid issues with the parser in the future, I would go with straight quotes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Sean Nagy‌  I am attaching here a new version of your template. I was able to add the checkboxes as shown below. 

I think there are two issues causing your errors: function name and field names.

Function names: You are using the function checked, which I  replaced with selected*.  We are about to add the checked function into the software but it is not available just yet. We are hours away from it...

• This is what I used: ${Flow_Conditions | selected: "Dry"} Wet

Please note that we will updating the selected and checked functions today. Stay tuned to new announcements in our blog.  

Field names: The name in your XLSForm is Flow_Condtions not Flow_Conditions

• This is what I used: ${Flow_Condtions | selected: "Dry"} Wet

In the attached template you will also note that I replaced your curly quotes (”Dry”)  to straight quotes ("Dry"). I was able to get things to work with your original curly quotes, but to avoid issues with the parser in the future, I would go with straight quotes.

SeanNagy1
New Contributor III

Thank you, that and the update were very helpful. Is there a page or list of all the different report template syntax's out there?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos