Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create a Survey to review requests not to submit

Jump to solution
07-26-2024 06:16 AM
SanchezNuñez
Frequent Contributor

Good morning,

I am looking for a way to create a copy of my current survey and modify it for editor/reviewing purposes.

I am trying to create a Dashboard, but I do not know how to create a survey to review requests

Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Embedding a survey in an ArcGIS Dashboard (esri.com)

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you want this new "copy" to see all the data submitted by the original survey? In that case, you want to link both (which would make sense - I use this workflow a lot). The easiest way to do that is open Connect > + New survey > select Feature services > search for and select your original survey > click Create. You now have a child survey that is linked to the parent survey. You can remove fields from this child, but you cannot add fields (add them manually to Portal, or with ArcPro, or with Connect to the parent survey).

EDIT: And I should mention that this workflow requires the Inbox.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've had to explain this a few times in the past, and each time it is convoluted and annoying to do so (The process is relatively simple, but it's not intuitive). As such, I created a video outlining the basic steps. I tried attaching the video. Hopefully it makes sense. I may need to add in the keyboard shortcuts I used.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you want this new "copy" to see all the data submitted by the original survey? In that case, you want to link both (which would make sense - I use this workflow a lot). The easiest way to do that is open Connect > + New survey > select Feature services > search for and select your original survey > click Create. You now have a child survey that is linked to the parent survey. You can remove fields from this child, but you cannot add fields (add them manually to Portal, or with ArcPro, or with Connect to the parent survey).

EDIT: And I should mention that this workflow requires the Inbox.

0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Frequent Contributor

I tried to create a new Survey selecting in Feature services the current one, but the results loses all formatting and fields are not on the same order.

Is there a way to duplicate an existing Survey and point to the same Feature service?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DuncanC
Frequent Contributor

You can replace the content of the generated xlsx file with lines from the original survey to bring them back to functioning the same. Fields just need to line up exactly (names, types, length).  You can reorder how they are displayed on the form without issue.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

This is the solution.

Typically what I do is I follow my above steps, but after the child survey is created:

1. Copy-paste the Parent XLSX into the folder with my new Child XLSX
  2. Copy over the "settings" tab (specifically submission_url and form_id) from the Child XLSX into the Copied Parent XLSX 
  3. Delete the old Child XLSX
  4. Rename my Copied Parent XLSX to be whatever the deleted Child XLSX was, effectively making it the New Child XLSX. As soon as connect sees the newly renamed XLSX as a different time-stamp from the old XLSX with that name, it will refresh and you will have a fully formatted XLSX to work with.
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've had to explain this a few times in the past, and each time it is convoluted and annoying to do so (The process is relatively simple, but it's not intuitive). As such, I created a video outlining the basic steps. I tried attaching the video. Hopefully it makes sense. I may need to add in the keyboard shortcuts I used.

SanchezNuñez
Frequent Contributor

Hi @abureaux 

Thank you very much for sharing a video!!!!

Regards

0 Kudos