How do I set unique identifiers for each survey question in survey 123?

Jump to solution
01-15-2020 08:53 PM
ChelseaNester
New Contributor

How do I set unique identifiers for each survey question in survey 123?

I have built a survey in survey 123 of which I hope to download an excel file of the results for ease of analyzing data with someone who does not use ArcGIS, but is partnered with our organization to analyze our survey results.  I am pretty sure I will need unique identifiers for each survey question in order for this to be streamlined.  A box pops up when I go to publish my survey stating that I am able to set unique identifiers (pictured below)  but does not give me any hints on what to do next in order to take that step.  Any tips?  I don't want to publish and then not be able to go back set unique identifiers for each question later.

image of pop up box stating that unique identifiers for survey 123 survey questions can be set.

Thank you for your help!

C

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChelseaNester
New Contributor

I figured it out.  My slow computer just hadn't completely loaded the screen.  It was right there under modify schema.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChelseaNester
New Contributor

I figured it out.  My slow computer just hadn't completely loaded the screen.  It was right there under modify schema.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

But once you select 'modify schema' it is not clear how you adjust fields to ensure they are unique identifiers....

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you explain how you resolved this? Where do you select "unique ids"?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is the answer? Do share...

ErmelindaEspinoza
New Contributor II

I don't see the solution to the "unique identifier" issue here.  Could you please help me with that?

DavidBlumberg1
New Contributor II

This is definitely not solved. There is no apparent workflow to set a unique ID to a field, only a friendly banner that tells you there is. Really need a solution to this. Survey inputs are useless to apps without this ability apparently.

Tags (1)