Select to view content in your preferred language

Hide option values in a multi select question based on the URL

11-27-2023 11:50 AM
DarrylKlassen1
Frequent Contributor

I am creating a Dashboard to track users watching safety videos.  When a user selects a "season" and a piece of "equipment" they are presented with a multi - select that allows them to click which videos on that specific piece of equipment they have watched.  Then they submit the survey.  

Subsequently, in my Dashboard, i am showing this information, but would like to provide them with a link to the survey - with most of the data already filled in.  I have accomplished this using URL parameters, but what I cannot figure out is, if they watched video 1 and video 2 on a certain piece of equipment, how to eliminate those choices on this newly linked URL?  So they can only select videos they have not already watched and acknowledged.

DarrylKlassen1_0-1701114444642.png

As you can see from above in my Dashbord Table - i have a URL created using this syntax:

?field:username=" + f['username'] + "&field:season=" + f['season'] + "&field:equipment=" + f['equipment']
but is it possible to have the Video 1 and Video 2 eliminated from my form as choices when it opens?

DarrylKlassen1_1-1701114576201.png

Thanks

11 Replies
DarrylKlassen1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @abureaux , i have this working using this in my choice_filter:

selected(${hide_multiselect},label)

DarrylKlassen1_0-1701203448459.png

But this is achieving the opposite of what I want - is there a NOT selected option?  so the multi-choice shows the options that are not in my list?

Thanks

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Excellent news! Okay, as I mentioned below, I realized after the fact that what I provided is technically the reverse of what you are looking for. But, now that you have it working like this, it is just a matter of "reversing" the process. Give this a try:

abureaux_2-1701204631081.png

abureaux_3-1701204644581.png