Hide label --> Choise filters and cascading Select sample

Jump to solution
10-11-2021 11:57 PM
kelin84
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm working on a larger survey, I want to have questions appear differently according to select_multiple. For that the Choise Filters and Cascading Selects sample are perfect.

Is it possible to have the Label hidden until something that's going over that question are selected?

On the picture I would like the labels to only show when theres actually is something to put in there:

kelin84_0-1634021803875.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kelin,

You could use the relevant or body::esri:visible column to hide the question based on the choices selected in the first question. For example, entering count-selected(${previous_question}) > 0 into either the relevant or body::esri:visible column would only show the question if at least one choice in the first question is selected.

The relevant column will clear any previously-entered data once it is no longer relevant, while the body::esri:visible column will hide the question and retain any existing data.

Also see the Survey123 documentation for more info on the two columns. 

Survey123 Documentation - relevant column

Survey123 Documentation - body::esri:visible column 

Thanks,
-Barbara

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kelin,

You could use the relevant or body::esri:visible column to hide the question based on the choices selected in the first question. For example, entering count-selected(${previous_question}) > 0 into either the relevant or body::esri:visible column would only show the question if at least one choice in the first question is selected.

The relevant column will clear any previously-entered data once it is no longer relevant, while the body::esri:visible column will hide the question and retain any existing data.

Also see the Survey123 documentation for more info on the two columns. 

Survey123 Documentation - relevant column

Survey123 Documentation - body::esri:visible column 

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
kelin84
New Contributor III

Thank you Barbara, very useful 🙂