Help working with non-spatial records in Dashboard (with data coming from Survey123 web app)

Jump to solution
03-03-2021 11:43 AM
KBeardsley
New Contributor II

I'm using the current version of Survey123 (web) to capture data from university staff/faculty about their projects and research related to the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.  I've created an optional map for them to enter polygons, but many do not submit a shape because their work is global (or just non-spatial).  I then want to share this data, and allow users to select and see others' entries, in Operations Dashboard (beta).  

1. The problem is that the non-spatial records seem impossible to access on the Dashboard.  I tried to query them in the Side Panel with no success.  It seems to only operate with feature data.

2. The second issue is that I can not determine how to delete non-spatial records.  In my current instance, there are 8 records and only 2 have a spatial feature (polygon) entered.  I need to delete some of the non-spatial records because they were created during the testing phase of the development.  I can delete the feature-tied records, but have found NO WAY to delete the non-feature records (no Shape_Area or Shape_Length).  I have attached an export of the attribute table showing the 8 records, with 2 of them containing polygons.  These were exported as a CVS from the Survey123 Data tab.

Thank you for any suggestions!  

-Karen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We've run into that problem as well. Stick with the standard dashboard for now, and non-spatial data can be accessed without issue. Beta seems to still lack this function.

As for deleting, I haven't found a good way of doing it from the web. You can certainly do it via the REST interface, by submitting a list of objectids to the deletes parameters of the applyEdits command.

https://<server-web-adaptor>/rest/services/Hosted/<your-survey>/FeatureServer/0/applyEdits?deletes=1,2,3,4,etc

You can also manage the data from Pro or ArcMap easily enough. Pro has the added benefit (not sure about ArcMap) of holding your edits in-memory so that they don't apply until you hit save.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We've run into that problem as well. Stick with the standard dashboard for now, and non-spatial data can be accessed without issue. Beta seems to still lack this function.

As for deleting, I haven't found a good way of doing it from the web. You can certainly do it via the REST interface, by submitting a list of objectids to the deletes parameters of the applyEdits command.

https://<server-web-adaptor>/rest/services/Hosted/<your-survey>/FeatureServer/0/applyEdits?deletes=1,2,3,4,etc

You can also manage the data from Pro or ArcMap easily enough. Pro has the added benefit (not sure about ArcMap) of holding your edits in-memory so that they don't apply until you hit save.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KBeardsley
New Contributor II

Many thanks--I was able to edit the non-spatial records in the attribute table after opening the hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Pro.  It was easy and worked beautifully!  For others, I'll just add that I opened the original hosted feature layer, not the _stakeholder or _fieldworker versions.  Once I edited the original, it updated the others.