Select to view content in your preferred language

Help with Time in Survey123 (UTC to Central)

07-24-2018 01:25 PM
MatthewTrousdale
New Contributor

I'm working with Survey123 to generate some documents, such as daily reports collected in the field.  I am having an issue with documenting time.  Survey123 will document the time in UTC, but I need it in Central Time.  I have read forums and I have tried everything I could find to convert the time from UTC to Central time but I have had no luck.  Any help or insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated!  I'm attaching some pictures below to give you an idea of what I'm doing.  The first picture shows my template and the next picture shows my template after it has been populated with data collected in Survey123.  I'm using version 2.9.3

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matthew,

Are you referring to the UTC time in the custom template reporting feature? And you want to see Central Time? See below post from Zhifang Wang‌ regarding this issue:

https://community.esri.com/thread/217841-utcoffset-expression-in-report-not-working#comment-785842 

Phil.

0 Kudos
MatthewTrousdale
New Contributor

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response!  The problem described in the link you shared seems to be the same or similar problem I'm having.  I have also tried using the ${DepartTime|format:"HH:mm"} and the document simply does not generate.  The  image below is a cropped capture screen of my template, which is a Word Document, that I'm using on the Survey123 website to generate my reports.  The "Departure Time" field is where I was attempting to do the utcOffset.  I have not tried altering any of the other time fields shown in the image, so they are still just populating as UTC.

0 Kudos