Select to view content in your preferred language

Guide to Generate Feature Reports in Power Automate (Enterprise and AGO)

Jump to solution
04-18-2022 01:41 PM
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

> Go to the updated guide! <

This post describes the old manual method of generating Feature Report within Power Automate. Technically, this method does still work, but it is a LOT of extra work. There is a much easier method now! Check out my post above for more details.

I have tried to post this several times over the last few days, and it has kept failing. As such, I have opted to go with an attachment. My apologies for the extra download and mediocre formatting!

This is a guide for users new to using S123 in the Power Automate (PA) platform, and is a repost from an earlier post I made. That thread is kind of hard to follow now because I didn't start it, and this is also an updated flow to fix a bug with geopoint questions not working before. The guide fully details how to generate a feature report for S123 using PA.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Environment:

ArcGIS Enterprise.

AGO has a new built-in connector. Just use that rather than trying a custom approach. 

Requirements:

• Power Automate Premium workspace.
  • Admin access to your Portal.

Scale:

This guide is for a simple one-step flow. I do not recommend this for large-scale deployments as it does not have adequate error handling capabilities. I use a two-step process which I can detail later. Basically, I dump the initial response from S123 into SharePoint and then process that. This will give you all the basics though!

Versions:

• v2 - Updated step for the Do Until loop
31 Replies
MariusVerdes
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I already tried to use the Enterprise module for "create report" but I am getting an error there as well, that's how I ended up on your thread. 

The error I am getting is at step 3 "Upload file from URL to OneDrive" and the error message is "{
"status": 400,
"message": "A value must be provided for source path.",
"source": "api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}"
Do you have any ideas on how I can overcome this?

Many thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmm. At risk of just stating the obvious, it sounds like a URL is missing. What is the URL's input?

If you are having trouble seeing what is going into that field, I'd recommend feeding that value into a Compose first, and then feed the Compose into the One Drive URL field.

That way, even if there is an error, you will see what Power Automate is generating for the One Drive URL.

0 Kudos