Guide to Generate Feature Reports in Power Automate (Enterprise and AGO)

Jump to solution
04-18-2022 01:41 PM
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

> Go to the updated guide! <

This post describes the old manual method of generating Feature Report within Power Automate. Technically, this method does still work, but it is a LOT of extra work. There is a much easier method now! Check out my post above for more details.

I have tried to post this several times over the last few days, and it has kept failing. As such, I have opted to go with an attachment. My apologies for the extra download and mediocre formatting!

This is a guide for users new to using S123 in the Power Automate (PA) platform, and is a repost from an earlier post I made. That thread is kind of hard to follow now because I didn't start it, and this is also an updated flow to fix a bug with geopoint questions not working before. The guide fully details how to generate a feature report for S123 using PA.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Environment:

ArcGIS Enterprise.

AGO has a new built-in connector. Just use that rather than trying a custom approach. 

Requirements:

• Power Automate Premium workspace.
  • Admin access to your Portal.

Scale:

This guide is for a simple one-step flow. I do not recommend this for large-scale deployments as it does not have adequate error handling capabilities. I use a two-step process which I can detail later. Basically, I dump the initial response from S123 into SharePoint and then process that. This will give you all the basics though!

Versions:

• v2 - Updated step for the Do Until loop
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Just responding to myself so this can be marked as solved. If you try the steps and something doesn't work, feel free to respond though! I did test this today and everything seemed to be working. PA can be finicky though.

View solution in original post

31 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Just responding to myself so this can be marked as solved. If you try the steps and something doesn't work, feel free to respond though! I did test this today and everything seemed to be working. PA can be finicky though.

Aneel_Kumar_M
New Contributor III

Dear abureaux

It is solved. 

yes, it is working with Geo Point. 

Thank you so much,

0 Kudos
Aneel_Kumar_M
New Contributor III

Dear abureaux

Thank you so much, yes, it is working with Geo Point. 

It is solved. 

one query, there is count in "Do Until" how is that helps? can we reduce it to 10 or 5 ? Please advise.

Aneel_KumarMekala_0-1650533872461.png

thanks & best regards,

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Count: 60

Timeout: Leave as PT1H

Thanks for the reminder. I will update the guide with this.

Normally this doesn't take more than a few tries. But sometimes is can be slow. I found that 60 is a good number, and it hasn't resulted in any unwanted timeouts for me. You don't want to go too low because if the Survey123 server takes a little longer to respond, you could have the flow give up before a success. Also, having a larger number doesn't slow anything down. As soon as the loop sees a success, it ends and carries on to the next step.

0 Kudos
Aneel_Kumar_M
New Contributor III

Dear abureaux

How to remove this default link comes in the automated email from the power automate, as shown below :

Aneel_KumarMekala_2-1650534314301.png

thank you,

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry. I don't recall seeing that email from my Power Automate. Do you get that from all your automations? This flow should only send an email if you added that step in.

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

@abureaux Is there a way to have a feature report run on a layer that is not shared publicly in ArcGIS Online? I've got this to work in PA, but only when the layer is shared publicly with the settings below which exposes all responses to the general public. Basically I have a public facing survey where the "Editors can't see any features, even those they add" is selected so that the responses can't be viewed publicly, but when I have that setting PA errors out. It only works when I change that setting to "Editors can see all features" which exposes my responses to the public. 

Thank you again for this post! It's a great tool.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 1.14.53 PM.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmm. That is not something that I have encountered. I can try and do some tests over the next week though.

What permissions does your service account have with respect to the survey in question? As long as the account that published that survey is the same one accessing that survey via PA (and your custom connection), it shouldn't matter what your sharing settings are because that service account always has full permissions.

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

The account has admin privileges and since the survey is on AGOL I didn't create a custom connector but rather used the standard "When a survey response is submitted" in PA since the survey isn't on my own portal but just AGOL. The error message I get in PA is just a 400 error "This operation is not supported' when trying to create the report. When I change the feature layer settings in AGOL to the "Editors can see all features" however it works fine and generates the report. 

0 Kudos