Good Morning! Is it possible to to zoom to a location from a drop down menu selection?

04-12-2018 05:20 AM
ScottStepro1
New Contributor III

Is it possible to pre-load points into 123, link them to a drop down menu that once selected will change the map view relative to that point?? Script?

Thanks!

4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

Yes, it is possible to calculate the locations based on a dropdown.  Geopoints receive a string that consists of <latitude>_<longitude>_<altitude>_<accuracy>, with the altitude and accuracy components optional.  See Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more information, as well as the following samples available in Survey123 Connect:

• Calculate Location from a Choice List
  • Calculate Location from CSV2
PabloGallego1
New Contributor

Hi James, 

From survey connect it works perfectly but  when I publish and use it on my pc to enter data it doesn't work... Only work on the app.

I find this option very useful, is there any solution if you enter data from your pc?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pablo,

There is a version of Survey123 app available for Windows and Mac.  Additionally, you could use the web form version that's created after publishing as well.

0 Kudos
Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

Hello @JamesTedrick , 

Is it possible to do the same with a geoshape question? To populate geoshape question map with locations from choice list?

I feel a little stuck here ... any guidance would be very much appreciated! 

0 Kudos