GeoShape default map location

Jump to solution
07-23-2019 01:00 PM
RussellSturm
New Contributor II

I'm trying my first survey with the geoshape.  Is it possible to set the default location for the map when opening the geoshape question?  I tried in both the default and calculations columns in the excel form but neither appears to work.  I was hoping it would work like the geopoint question where I can set the location.  Also, will geoshape use the default zoom level from the settings of the survey?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your form. I was able to repro your issue at my end. As geoshape is still in Beta, we will invenstigate if there is issue with default vale setting for geoshape and will address this issue.

And for your information, I saw you are using a repeat for your geoshape and we just address an issue with 3.5 hot fix release to fix the geopoint calculation within the repeat(not geoshape though).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Russell,

You should be able to set the default location from Survey123 Connect>Setting>Map tab to set the home location and the zoom level.

0 Kudos
RussellSturm
New Contributor II

I have a default location and zoom set in Survey123 Connect>Settings>Map tab.   I tried a geopoint question and those defaults do change the geopoint.  However, they don't seem to do anything to the geoshape question.  I have also tried setting the lat/long in the default column for the question and the calculation column.  Neither of those appear to change the map location either.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

It works for me when creating geoshape using a basic template deployed from Survey123 Connect. Could you share your xlsx form for us to take a look here?

0 Kudos
RussellSturm
New Contributor II

If I removed my default value for the geoshape question and just use the survey default the map is at the location for based upon the survey settings.   However, the survey is used globally so I can't just use one location.  I want to set the map location based upon a known lat/long for the survey.  I use a concat like this:  concat(${centroidlatitude},' ',${centroidlongitude})

That syntax works for the geopoint question but doesn't seem to for the geoshape.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Russell,

Could you share your XLS form or take a screenshot of how you set the default value in the form?

0 Kudos
RussellSturm
New Contributor II

This is a slimmed down version of the survey, but you should be able to see what I'm trying to do.  The geopoint question works, the geoshape does not.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your form. I was able to repro your issue at my end. As geoshape is still in Beta, we will invenstigate if there is issue with default vale setting for geoshape and will address this issue.

And for your information, I saw you are using a repeat for your geoshape and we just address an issue with 3.5 hot fix release to fix the geopoint calculation within the repeat(not geoshape though).

0 Kudos
PhilipMarty
New Contributor III

Is this available yet? Not seeing any documentation, and it's been several years. It's a needed enhancement. Thank you

0 Kudos
RussellSturm
New Contributor II

Thanks for the feedback and verification of the issue.  We'll wait for a new release that addresses this issue as we move forward.

0 Kudos