GeoPoint map not showing up in Survey123 app.

01-30-2020 02:13 PM
dlnrgmcgowan
New Contributor II

I've added a 'GeoPoint' to my survey, and the associated (default) map is visible both in the preview and if I 'open in browser,' but is not displayed when I open the survey in the field app (have tried opening it via both Android and IOS).  Can anyone tell me how to get my map to show up in the app?  Thanks!

23 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dave, 

Yes, the fix also applied to Connect. You will need to republish the survey from Web app(make sure the version under Settings is set to "Always use the latest version" before republish.

After republish, you will need to re-download the survey in Connect again to see the fix.

Please let me know if you are still having the issue with the survey.

0 Kudos
MariaKottermair
New Contributor II

Hi,

So I have the same issue except that my GeoPoint does not load in a web browser (tried Android and Windows) but it works when I open it in the Survey 123 App on my Android. I've created the survey using the Web App.

Thanks for any feedback,

Maria

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Maria,

Did you follow what Zhifang commented earlier in the post? Please also check the versions of the web app from Survey123 website>Settings>Versions>choose "Always use the latest version(3.8).

Here is the comments posted earlier in Feb:

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in 3.8 hotfix1 which is available on the Survey123 website now.

For surveys published from now on in the web designer, the geopoint question can work in Survey123 field app as previously. For surveys published after 1/21 (3.8 release) and before today (2/11, 3.8 hotfix1), they need to be republished again in the web designer if you want to use the map of geopoint question in the field app.

0 Kudos
MariaKottermair2
New Contributor
Thank you for your response, Shwu-jing Jeng!
I tried so many different ways but what eventually worked was importing the survey to Survey 123 Connect, delete the geopoint in the XLTS shseet and then create a new one.
0 Kudos