GeoPoint map not showing up in Survey123 app.

01-30-2020 02:13 PM
dlnrgmcgowan
New Contributor II

I've added a 'GeoPoint' to my survey, and the associated (default) map is visible both in the preview and if I 'open in browser,' but is not displayed when I open the survey in the field app (have tried opening it via both Android and IOS).  Can anyone tell me how to get my map to show up in the app?  Thanks!

23 Replies
RichardTuinstra1
New Contributor

Everything was made on the website/Design. I created a test survey this morning with only a geopoint and it has the same issue. 

0 Kudos
NathanRenn1
New Contributor II

Mine is using the web designer as well, not connect. 

0 Kudos
dlnrgmcgowan
New Contributor II

Mine was made with version 3.8 of the web designer.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for reporting it, I can see the same behavior just by creating a new survey on website and view it on field app. Dev is looking into this now, will keep you all posted.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

As a workaround, please try to set the Map type to "Standard(beta)" in field app, the map will load just fine.

Settings>Map>Standard(beta)

RichardTuinstra1
New Contributor

Thank you, that worked!

RT

0 Kudos
JoanneLogan1
New Contributor II

Work around works ok, but I hope it's fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, the issue is planned to be addressed in the next release.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in 3.8 hotfix1 which is available on the Survey123 website now.

For surveys published from now on in the web designer, the geopoint question can work in Survey123 field app as previously. For surveys published after 1/21 (3.8 release) and before today (2/11, 3.8 hotfix1), they need to be republished again in the web designer if you want to use the map of geopoint question in the field app.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Thanks,

Zhifang

DaveAlmond
New Contributor III

Does this apply to Survey123 Connect as well? I am running 3.7.62 and I am not able to see the basemap icon in the form preview- I can see only the target icon for capturing the current location.  If I navigate to Settings->Map tab, there is only a blank map grid, and the Basemap selector dialogue is not populated with any of the standard basemaps. 

0 Kudos