GeoPoint map not showing up in Survey123 app.

01-30-2020 02:13 PM
dlnrgmcgowan
New Contributor II

I've added a 'GeoPoint' to my survey, and the associated (default) map is visible both in the preview and if I 'open in browser,' but is not displayed when I open the survey in the field app (have tried opening it via both Android and IOS).  Can anyone tell me how to get my map to show up in the app?  Thanks!

23 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Gavin,

Could you check your mobile device location service to see if it's on? And also check the location status when you open field app to see if you have any data showing in the location status(the satalite icon)?

Did this issue only happen with one survey or all surveys?

0 Kudos
dlnrgmcgowan
New Contributor II

Hello Shwu-Jing,

Thanks for your response.  Everything was okay with my mobile device location services/status, and the issue was only happening with one survey.  Yesterday I had tried removing then re-adding the geopoint but the map still wouldn't load when opened in the app (the coordinates WERE displaying BTW, so i'm sure it was tracking my location), but today I did the same remove/add process again, but also gave the geopoint a different title and placed it in a different location within the survey... and the map finally started loading!  I still can't think of any good reason why this would have resolved the issue, but I'm just going to move on for now.

Thanks again,

Gavin

0 Kudos
dlnrgmcgowan
New Contributor II

Nevermind, the map still isn't loading.  

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Gavin,

A quick testing here with 3.7 production using a simple xls form with geopoint question and the map loaded just fine. Would you mind sharing your xls form with us to narrow down the issue here?

Did you publish the survey to survey123 website or your enterprise portal site?

You could send the form to my email sjeng@esri.com if you prefer not to share it here.

0 Kudos
RichardTuinstra1
New Contributor

We're having exactly the same issue. Everything was working just fine and Ut only seems to happen to newly created or edited surveys. Our existing surveys still work fine. Something to do with the latest upgrade?

Richard

0 Kudos
NathanRenn1
New Contributor II

I am having same issue. New surveys do not show map in iOS or Android, only coordinates. Old surveys are still showing map.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of Survey123 field app and connect do you use with the map issue? Did you set the default value to the geopoint question? any other setting such as calculation or required with this geopoint question?

0 Kudos
RichardTuinstra1
New Contributor

Survey123  field app version is 3.7.57. We did not use survey123 connect. Everything else was default value.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Richard,

When you mentioned that newly created or edited surveys were having issue, did you mean that you use survey123 Connect to make edits to the survey or publish new surveys? OR everything was made on the website/Design?

0 Kudos