Select to view content in your preferred language

geocode question using specific geocoder

Jump to solution
06-28-2023 08:33 AM
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to force s123 to use a locally created geocoding service, and a blog article I read suggested this can be done using the item ID in the bind::esri:parameters field but as far as I can determine the service I am using doesn't have an item ID, I just have the URL. Can I do this? The problem I have is that the default World Geocoder is all over the map (literally) when it comes to trying to match addresses until the user gets down to entering state and I'd like my end users to get good suggestions just after entering the street address, e.g. 1234 Main St. and using the local geocoder does this well. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

In case the above response does not help. You can create an item from a locator URL as shown below. Share the locator item as appropriate and take the itemID from it so you can use it in your XLSForm.

Create Locator Item.gif

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelStranovsky
Occasional Contributor
You can limit the world geocoding service to only search in a defined area like state or county.
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

In case the above response does not help. You can create an item from a locator URL as shown below. Share the locator item as appropriate and take the itemID from it so you can use it in your XLSForm.

Create Locator Item.gif

clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion! 

0 Kudos