Forms with Tables in them

05-24-2017 10:12 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am looking for ideas on how to handle forms that have tables on them.  I am finding it hard to organize some our old table looking forms into the structure of Survey123 where you can not really go sideways.  

New collapsible sections may help.  Repeats do not seem to help as I can not do any math across repeats.

Here are some examples.  Yes they are huge forms.

Now if I also have to make this printable.... that is even harder.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChristopherMcClain
Occasional Contributor II

For the input you are going to have to think about recreating each data point either input or calculated as a row in your xls form.  You might try grouping the questions that represent your old horizontal format.  As for the printing since all of the data is stored in a database you can control the visualization via some type of report generator to replicate what you have been using.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

This might best done using repeats - 2.1, which will be launching next week, will bring math across repeats.  You can get an early look by going to the Esri Early Adopter program's Survey123 site.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will the release next week also solve the editing of repeats within the "Inbox" scenario? That would be great if so.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

No, editing with repeats will not be supported at 2.1.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James,

Thank you for the reply. Is there a possible timeline of when this would be supported?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks.  Any plans to have tables for organization.  Or maybe a "table style" in the collapsible / repeats.

BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

You may want to take a look at the following ArcGIS Idea and place a vote to promote it.

Survey123 Arrange Multiple Questions in a Single Row

In regards to the ability to 'collapse' groups and repeats, I believe that this functionality was added with the 'compact' appearance type and the Survey123 2.0.35 release.

What's New in Survey123

Update April 26, 2017

Appearance

Compact Appearance

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

I have used in compact in tandem with groups and then with the new pages styling the form looks shorter. However, there are caveats. There is no previous page button although you can use the page navigator (dots) on top; the submit button only appears on the last page. But I love this feature.

0 Kudos