Fields not found in feature service

05-11-2018 01:29 PM
EricBitner
New Contributor

I created a survey from an existing feature service.  I added questions, changed types of questions.  When I go to publish the survey I get an error. The error reads "3 field(s) not found in feature service".

1) How do I fix this or what did I do to cause the problem?

2) how do I figure out which fields the errors are coming from?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eric,

This is caused by adding questions - Survey123 Connect is checking to see if all the question entries (including notes that have a name) are in the feature service for submitting data.  Either fields will need to be added to store the values from the survey, or you can set a question as temporary 'in-form' (not submit it's value) by sending the bind::esri:esriFieldType to null.

EricBitner
New Contributor

Thanks.  So there is no way to add a question to add or change an existing question?  I added the or_other to three questions because I realized I had no way of adding all the choices to those 3 questions.

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung4
New Contributor II

where you ever able to figure this out? I have the same problem..

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James, 

I've had this question before and I believe the answer is that you can add a field without it deleting any data, as on as you insert a new line. 

I've asked if Esri would remove the WARNING for added features because the end-user doesn't care if the service adds new fields as long as it doesn't delete our data. Maybe you can get this fixed for us. This warning scares me every time.

0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am receiving the same notification, however I have not added or removed any questions. I was simply editing the title of the survey and changing the number of photos that can be submitted for a image question in the contraint column. That being said, I undid all of my edits and tried to republish. It gave me the same error. So something has happened with my submission URL maybe? I am not sure what. I have had issues in the past with the submission URL in the settings > submission_url being accepted.

This is a survey created from a hosted feature service in AGOL. There are actually less fields in my survey than in the feature service. I have troubleshooted a bunch of things with no success. 

Any additional guidance would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JessicaJThompson ,

A couple of things to check:

- Can you check that the form_id matches the name of layer that the data is being sent to?

- Can you check that the each question in the form that is not an image, audio or file has a corresponding entry in the feature service? 

Aside from this, capturing a console log during the pre-publishing analysis can provide details of what the mis-match might be.

0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Good Morning @JamesTedrick 

I reviewed the form_id and name layer. They match.

Each question that is not an image (I don't have audio or file questions) has a corresponding entry. 

I honestly have no idea what the mismatch may be. The department wants the name of the survey changed.  And they wanted to see if the the constraint on the photo number could be changed. Those were the only edits. Tried to publish and got the error. For a test I undid the edits and tried to republish, and got the error. 

We are transitioning to hosting the data in a portal so I will be giving them a new survey soon. If I cannot figure this out, I hope they can just hold on for a week. 

Thank you for your help!

Jessica

0 Kudos
KelseySmuczynski
New Contributor III

Hi @JamesTedrick,

Is there any way to create a related table from an existing survey created in Survey123 Connect? A colleague of mine created a survey in Connect.  This is a new survey for which no data has currently been collected. I'd love to be able to create the necessary relationship to my point feature class (currently published on ArcOnline as a hosted feature layer) directly from Connect or at least using the XLS form. It seems redundant and time-consuming to have created the survey in Connect, but then need to create a related table with the same information.

0 Kudos
SianDoherty1
New Contributor III

I have been modifying this survey all day and my feature service is exactly the same as the last time it was actually successful. The error message varies, sometimes i have the abliity to add the field to the feature service if it doesn't exist, but not in this case. I just get an error message Fields not found in the feature service: 1 - but not indication as to what the offending field actually is. 

I have reviewed the structure of the feature service vs the structure of the XLSConnect form and they are the same so i can't see why i'm now getting this error. It's very bizarre. Can anybody help with this? Running Survey123 Connect 3.10

0 Kudos