Feature Service and Survey 123

12-05-2018 06:56 AM
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

Is their no way to use a feature service that is hosted on your ArcGIS server anymore.  I thought I would be able to host a feature service locally and publish the url through ArcGIS online and use that feature layer for survey 123.  I know I tried this when the feature service capabilities came to Survey 123 and I thought it worked.  We have electrical assets and no way can we host anything out on ArcGIS online, and we have not setup portal yet.  Any ideas or just confirmation that this capability is not available anymore would be great.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

We have been implementing these settings, but it still does not allow us to create a survey from the existing feature service. I cannot get a good url to the feature layer that points back to our local GIS server from ArcGIS online. It always shows our local rest endpoint not the url to the item id on ArcGIS online. When I access the ArcGIS online rest endpoint the only services that are available are hosted feature layers on ArcGIS online, none of my locally hosted feature services that are added to my ArcGIS online portal show up. I am guessing this is why it keeps giving bad url errors. I thought in the past once we added the feature service to ArcGIS online a valid ArcGIS online url would show up in the lower right with a ITEM ID that could be used as a feature layer for applications, but this is not the case anymore. I will keep trying. Thanks for the quick responses!

Mark Yerington │GIS Manager│ GISP

Muscatine Area Geographic Information Consortium

c/o Muscatine Power & Water | 3205 Cedar Street | Muscatine, IA 52761

Office: 563.262.3316│Cell: 563.260.4525 Email: myerington@mpw.org│Web: magic-gis.com<https://magic-gis.com/>

0 Kudos