Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract Data from Point using Point from Map Question

12-28-2023 02:25 PM
AFangman
New Contributor II

Created a survey using the web app. My only issue is when the user places a point on top of a point feature in a map question, I cannot extract data from that feature point to fill a field of another question.

I also tried having the user draw an area around the point I want to extract from, but this only work on the Web and not the mobile app.

However, extracting data from a polygon feature a point is placed in works on both.

Anyone have any ideas? Happy to give more info if needed.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

This document provides guidance on setting up a spatial query using the web designer. Curious whether you're seeing it not work after configuring it or whether you're still in the process of setting it up?

While I'm not sure the exact differences in how the web designer and Survey123 Connect query layers, I do know that using the pulldata("@layer") calculation method in Connect which serves the same function in the field app is known to not work offline. The pulldata("@layer") method is described with examples here. (Note: once you bring a survey into the Connect editor you can no longer edit its configuration via the web designer, so I'd recommend using a test survey first.)

If you do need offline collection capabilities, Field Maps could be used as described here (see first example). In this case Arcade would be used to specify a calculated expression within your web map's Form designer:

rwrenner_0-1704378736495.png

Hope this helps!

-Rylee

0 Kudos
AFangman
New Contributor II

Hi Rylee and thank you for your response. I did have the query set up using the tool mentioned in the documentation your link points to. Also we do not need  offline because the app allows you to save completed surveys to submit later. Helpful in areas with no cellular service. An ESRI support person verified that the issue is a known bug. Here is the info: https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-pulldata-function-sends-the-payload-for-the-query-i-bug-00016...

Bug ID Number BUG-000162019

SubmittedOctober 11, 2023
Last ModifiedJanuary 4, 2024
Applies toArcGIS Survey123
Version found3.18
Operating SystemN/A
Operating System VersionN/A
StatusUnder Consideration

0 Kudos