Exporting from Survey123 for ArcGIS

01-25-2019 08:30 AM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

I have an AGOL Group set up for Collaboration, with few members from another company. When in Survey123 for ArcGIS, everyone except these outside members can export records. The settings for my Group are identical to the ones described by ESRI. Where should I look to enable them to export?

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rene,

Have you checked the sharing permissions on the feature service and views in AGO? Are they the same and allow exports enabled?

Phil.

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Hello Phil,

Not sure if this is relevant but it is a feature layer, produced from Survey123 Connect, hosted on AGOL. So the only place I know to review settings is on AGOL, and yes my feature layer has the option to export in different formats enabled and it is shared with my Group members, some of which are from another company. I have checked with IT of that company and they don't see anything particular in these users settings stopping them from exporting. They however indicated this reported bug to ESRI but I cant tell if it has anything to do with mine: 

https://community.esri.com/thread/213199-problem-with-export-to-csv-from-web-map-app

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rene,

The users also will need to have the role privilege to create an item - the export process temporarily creates an item in their account as part of the export process (see User types, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ).

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Thanks James, so if their set role is USER (default AGOL) they should be able to export in Excel from Survey123 Website?

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

I have tried with USER without any success, then changed to PUBLISHER and it now works except that I dont see why I would need Publisher since this role is the same as USER plus publishing features and map tiles as hosted web layers and performing analysis on layers in maps.

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Considering USER role worked until recently, could it be related to the update brought to AGOL last December????

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Rene,

A built-in User role should have access to export, as it has the capability to create maps.

0 Kudos
AdamDorn
New Contributor II

I was running into the same issue.  Base on my testing the user needs privileges to Publish Hosted Feature Layer.  We have many users which will need to download Survey123 results without being able to publish layers.  Can this be functional be adjusted?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Adam,

We have tracked this down to an issue in the website's permission checking; this is planned to be addressed in the next release of the website.

0 Kudos