Select to view content in your preferred language

Error Message 'No Feilds Specified' when trying to Publish Survey

Jump to solution
03-20-2024 12:37 PM
ChantelKobilansky
New Contributor II

Hello,

I recently created a survey and when trying to publish I receive the error message, " No fields specified for frequency." Frequency being the label of the beginning of one of my repeats in the survey. This is a new survey that has not been published yet. I have not been able to determine the problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea I do not think you can have a repeat with no fields and I cannot think of any use case for this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @ChantelKobilansky 

Would it be possible to attach the XLS into the post so we can check it out? I may have an idea what's going on!

Cody

0 Kudos
ChantelKobilansky
New Contributor II

Yes, attached is the XLS.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @ChantelKobilansky 

I was curious if it were normal to have the two begin and end repeats in this section:

CodyPatterson_0-1710966487377.png

Cody

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea I do not think you can have a repeat with no fields and I cannot think of any use case for this.

0 Kudos
ChantelKobilansky
New Contributor II

Yes, the double repeat is intentional. The frequency group is designed for a vegetation sampling that requires all of the plant species to be identified in a cell and there are 20 cells total that the process needs to be replicated. I added a hidden feild with a cell ID number to the first repeat and I was able to publish, so the problem was that I had no feilds under the first repeat.

Thank you!