Error Code 499 - Gateway Time-out

04-28-2021 12:11 PM
IanPierson
New Contributor II

I have seen other posts with this issue and attempted to follow the advice given in them, but to no avail.  I made sure to update my Survey123 Connect version today (4/28/2021) to the most recent version. I have a huge file/survey. It works how I want it to within Connect but will not publish; I keep getting the 499 error code about a "Gateway Time-out". I have an external choices tab, as most of my surveys do due to the amount of information in them. I cannot figure out the work-around to this error. Apologies for the duplication of questioning when this is brought up enough as it is.

Thanks for your time.

17 Replies
CarynNezatUSDA
New Contributor II

My team is also having this issue and it seems to be a new one as we all were able to publish a survey we update weekly last Friday. There has been very little change in the survey for updating today only a handful of choices were added. We are not that long in our choices list, so some other posts do not seem like they are reflecting the solution we need.

MackenzieCollins
New Contributor II

I am also running into this issue today, 5/4/21. I do have a large choices tab and am also utilizing external choice files in the media folder of my survey. I couldn't find another post with a solution.

Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

@JamesTedrick @IsmaelChivite 

I'm also running into this issue today, I thinks there  is an issue with the Survey123  API. Could you please support?

Hussam_AlJabri_0-1620281855621.png

Hussam_AlJabri

The error wasn't produced once I disable "Create Web Form" from the Publish Option

Hussam_AlJabri_0-1620560425354.png

CarynNezatUSDA
New Contributor II

Our survey was also able to be published after turning of the create webform option. 

RachelS

I'm having the same problem with one survey that is quite large. Is there a limit to it's size/number of fields?

Have you been able to resolve it. I can't even update the from in Survey123 Connect never mind publish it.

0 Kudos
Hussam_AlJabri

The number of questions is limited by the total number of fields that can be stored in an ArcGIS Online table (or your Data Store's if using Portal for ArcGIS).  That limit is 500.

Did you try to disable the creating web form from options? please share with us the snapshot of the error you faced.

0 Kudos
RachelS

My excel spreadsheet is 7mb, I wonder is that too big.

I can't even get to the stage of publishing it as I need to update the form first with the saved changes in the excel spreadsheet but I get the error below when I tried to update it.

0 Kudos
Hussam_AlJabri

Are you having a large choice list?

Would you please share your xlsform if it's possible?

I tried to add choice list which increase the xls size upto 5mb and I experienced the same of error.

Had you tried to use csv and pulldata from it? 

0 Kudos