Select to view content in your preferred language

Error Code 10500 for One Domain Choice

Jump to solution
a month ago
JasminePrater
Frequent Contributor

We have published a survey in Portal using Survey123 Connect version 3.18.123.  This hosted layer, Utilities Work Order, uses Experience Builder's Survey widget to pull data from several feature services into this one survey.  These services reference our ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 sde that is Branch Versioned.  One of these services, Water Meter, contains a domain with three asset types: Water Meter, Water Irr Meter, and Auto Flush Meter.  We are able to submit surveys for the domains Water Meter and Auto Flush Meter, but receive the following error message when trying to create a Work Order for Water Irr Meter:

[{"id":0,"addResults":[{"success":false,"globalId":null,"error":{"code":10500,"description":"Database error has occurred."},"objectId":null}]}]

The field lengths match in the survey and the hosted feature, and I have set the bind::esri:fieldType to null and tried removing the type entirely.  So far, this is the only service affected, and only one domain choice out of three in the service is affected. 

We have been using this survey without issue for several weeks, including work orders for Water Irr Meter.  We cannot figure out why this issue is occurring, and why it only affects one domain choice in a single service.  Anyone have some insight?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is usually text too long.  Is there maybe a pulldata or something else in the form that triggers when that value is picked?  Maybe a relevant field for that value triggers and then some other field text is too long.

Other idea is somehow a special char got in the domain value.

Last one I saw is make sure the database is not out of space.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is usually text too long.  Is there maybe a pulldata or something else in the form that triggers when that value is picked?  Maybe a relevant field for that value triggers and then some other field text is too long.

Other idea is somehow a special char got in the domain value.

Last one I saw is make sure the database is not out of space.

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Frequent Contributor

After checking the fields and searching through everything, it ended up being a character length issue.  One of the domain codes had "Water Irrigation Meter" in the code, but "Water Irr Meter" in the description.  Because the code was pulled into the field, it exceeded the 20 character limit.  This was the first time our tech added an irrigation meter since we switched to Portal, so it was the first time the error was produced.  Our subsequent tests also used the code, which is why they failed.  Once I corrected the domain code to reflect the shorter spelling, the issue was resolved.  I appreciate the response!

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I figured.  That is why 123 defaults all text to 255 now.  I always set all text to 255 these days.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I find the "<" character can break submissions. I had to use regex() filtering to stop people from copy-pasting emails from Outlook as those always bring over the "<" and ">" characters.

As Doug mentioned, the most common cause it string-length issues. If you have a calculation field, especially one with concat(), it can end up exceeding the field length (255, default).

0 Kudos