Select to view content in your preferred language

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${gps} since gps cannot be found in the current parsing scope.

01-03-2024 01:06 PM
MTavares_Manitoba
New Contributor II

Hi all, I was able to resolve my previous issue with removing the {/} at the end of my report template.

Now I am running into the issue of Survey123 show this error when uploading the template. I'm sure the syntax is correct since I copied everything from the sample template.

Any solutions for this error?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the field name of your geopoint question gps?  If not you need to change it to match the name of the geopoint question.  

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Uploading your XLSX will help solve this one. Without that, we'd be guessing blind

MTavares_Manitoba
New Contributor II

I have uploaded the XLSX file, thank you.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the XLSX.

So there is your issue. ${gps} is inside of a repeat (Site_Number). You need to reference this repeat for gps to be "found in the parsing scope"

E.g., ${#Site_Number}${gps}${/}

MTavares_Manitoba
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply. 

So everything inside the repeat will need to be modified in the report template to reference the repeat?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Correct!

Also, keep in mind that repeats have a specific way that they interact with tables (which you are using in your Feature Report).

If you are spanning columns, a repeat needs to be the first and the last thing in any given row. Check out the examples below for valid repeats within tables:

abureaux_0-1704397531665.png

For some examples of things that are not allowed, check out these invalid examples:

abureaux_1-1704397627041.png

MTavares_Manitoba
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for the info, I will work on this and hopefully resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos