Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit related table records in Survey123 and web form

08-14-2019 04:43 PM
YuyingLi
New Contributor II

Hello,

It is my understanding that starting from version 2.4 later, the edit related table records are supported. Following the document (Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ), this is what I dd

1. I put "allowUpdates=true" at the bind::esri:parameters column on a begin repeat question (please see the attachment).

2. Republish to the existing service (editing the existing service)

3. Re-download form in Survey123 - still cannot edit

4. I also tried the web form - no luck either

On Survey123 portal - data tab...if I want to edit the data - I got the error: editing of existing record is not supported on surveys with repeat...

Did  I miss anything? What's the correct work flow to edit the existing data with repeat?

thanks,

Yuying

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Yuying Li‌,

From what I can see the lookup tables for the XLSForm "type" and "appearance" columns are pointing to the other xlsx workbooks.  Please see the clean copy of your XSLForm  I uploaded in my prior response. Try replacing yours with this version and republish.  I hope I did not breaking anything.  Nice form by the way.

0 Kudos
YuyingLi
New Contributor II

Lance Cole‌,

Thanks! How did you find those "reference"...Ok, so I used your new XLSForm and I could edit the disturbance repeat on Survey123 app...but didn't see the photos...though I could see how many of them.

Have you used the web form before? From web map, I link to the webform in edit mode. Seems still not show the content?

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Yuying Li,

Since I did not have the files on my system they were reported as broken links when I opened the XLSForm.

Pertaining to the photos, did you add the submission_url back into the form I had sent to you?  I could not include this for testing as it was pointing to your portal.  I am able to open, view and edit the photos in the version I have published.

The web version does not fully support all the features that are available from Survey123 Connect and can be temperamental.  The data should also be available from your ArcGIS Online account if you just want to look at the raw data along with linked data i.e. photos.  In Survey123 website, you can also open the map view, click on one of the points collected, at the bottom of the pop-up select “show related records”, select your photoRepeat from the list, in the photo column click on one of the “show()” then click on the photo name in the pop-up to display the linked photo.