Downloading Surveys in advance to edit offline

Jump to solution
08-16-2019 08:21 AM
TomRuff
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible to bulk download all surveys completed for a given area/entire survey dataset?

Currently my workflow involves downloading each survey individually and saving it as a draft so it can be edited offline later, However this could quickly become laborious if potentially hundreds of survey points need to be available to edit, similar to downloading a map in collector for offline use.

Thanks,

Tom. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom,

The functionality that you are looking for can be accomplished by enabling and using the Inbox.

Take a look at the linked documentation for information related to the Inbox.

Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom,

The functionality that you are looking for can be accomplished by enabling and using the Inbox.

Take a look at the linked documentation for information related to the Inbox.

Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
TomRuff
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon thanks for getting back to me. That's what I currently use but as far as I'm aware I can only download one survey at a time through the inbox. Is there a way to download all the surveys or are all the surveys downloaded automatically when you activate the inbox?

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you the owner/creator of the survey?  If so, the default inbox behavior would be to download ALL records/surveys that exist in the survey/feature service.  It is only when specifying a 'WHERE' clause that it would be limited to a subset of the data.  Have you tried refreshing the inbox?

0 Kudos
TomRuff
New Contributor III

Okay, My apologies I didn't realise that if they were showing in the inbox (i.e when I refresh the inbox without a where clause) they are actually ready for offline use i.e downloaded to the device.

Thanks!

Tom.