Does Warning message work on dates?

Jump to solution
10-22-2019 01:44 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have a constraint that works fine.  When I move it to a warning I get nothing.  I have seen it work on a GeoPoint but trying on a date just nothing happens in Connect.

What am I missing?

bind:warning

.>date(decimal-date-time(now()) -  7)

bind:message

Calibration has been over 7 days, please calibrate asap and be critical of very high or low values

Also tried a radio button and again no warning appears.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

The bind::esri:warning field applies to geopoint questions only at this time.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I cannot seem to get warnings to work for any field.  Has anyone got these to work?  How should they work?

I was hoping warning was like a constraint but they can move on if they need to.  In the past I have just been using Note fields for this but a warning would be much slicker.  The word Esri in the binding makes me wonder if this is for something else.  When I search on it I get so many hits I cannot find anything.

thanks

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

I have a calibration date that must be within one year of the of the inspection date.  For the calibration date attribute, in the constraint cell, I have this - (today() - . < (1000*24*60*60*365)) with the constraint message being, "Odormeter Calibration Date is >1 Year.  Odormeter must be recalibrated before reading can be submitted."

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes a constraint works but a warning does nothing.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

The bind::esri:warning field applies to geopoint questions only at this time.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks James i guess I am not crazy.  I vote for putting it on the list.  Thanks!

mwehbi_unicef
New Contributor II

Hi @JamesTedrick , Is it working now for other questions or still only for geopoint ?

AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JamesTedrick 

I can't seem to figure out how to get the bind::esri::warning field to work on a geopoint question. I have a constraint set up right now that works fine, however, I want the user to be allowed to submit the survey even if the warning pops up. When I put the same calculation from my constraint column to the warning column, nothing shows up in my survey. Should I be putting in something differently in the warning column?

Any help would be great - thank you! 

0 Kudos
S_-_EvanRaskin__GISS_
Occasional Contributor

@DougBrowning, I have also needed soft constraints or warnings for non-geopoint questions. Since the bind::esri:warning field doesn't work in these instances, I created a workaround: follow the target question with a "note" type question containing the warning text that you want (I made the text red) and put your constraint logic in the "relevant" field for the note. If the constraint condition is met the note field will appear with your warning text.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes I use notes a lot.  The crew really likes the little emojis also.  See here for how  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-documents/how-to-simulate-instant-data-checking-using...

0 Kudos