Displaying Points Created in Survey123 in Field Maps

03-22-2023 08:54 AM
TomReyes
New Contributor II

We are using a combination of Field Maps and Survey123 for field data collection using the custom URL scheme, and I am wondering if there is a way to make Survey 123 and Field Maps communicate so that points collected in Survey 123 could immediately show up in Field Maps.

Right now we created a dummy layer in Field Maps that collects just a few pieces of information and then passes that info to the Survey 123 form. This way, users can view all of the points they collected that day in Survey 123 in their Field Maps map, however, once everything is synced with AGOL, we have the dummy point and the real point stacked on top of each other.

Is there a way that points collected in Survey 123 can be displayed in Field Maps on the same device prior to syncing?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you mean offline while in the field then no.  App security will not let any app look at another apps data.  It is an iOS and Android thing and not a Esri thing.  I wish it was possible.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

As @DougBrowning mentioned, no this is not possible.

What you can do is:

1. Use the Survey123 Inbox. Download all records before going out to field. Launch the inbox from the field maps (i.e. open the same record using a custom URL). When you submit the survey, it will update the parent record (and can add related records via repeats) of the point it launched from that was already in the inbox. You can't see the images offline in inbox... but these are visible in Field Maps.
  2. Use the Survey123 map and remove the need for field maps altogether.

Option 1 is great if you have existing assets with static fields (e.g. water towers) that need inspections. You can update the static fields (inspect, date inspected etc) and then add a related record via a repeat to show the details of the inspection.

0 Kudos