Select to view content in your preferred language

Display the email address of the person who filled out a form

Jump to solution
02-26-2024 05:45 AM
GDS
by
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm using the pulldata("@property", 'email') function in a text "author" field to pull up the email address of the connected person. It works well when sending a new form. But when consulting an existing form or entering a new repetition on an existing geometry, I'd like to display the e-mail address of the person filling in the form and not the connected person.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Data collected in the "username" or "email" field is hidden by default (seems like a deficiency that it requires a "label").

You can show it by referencing that field. You can also make the display field dynamically appear. Try something like:

abureaux_1-1709050236274.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

"person filling out the form" can mean a few different things depending on environment.

• If you mean the account of the person, you can potentially use the "username" or "email" type
    abureaux_2-1708962167380.png
  • Not all of my users have account, so I have what's essentially a dedicated "who is this?" field in most forms. In that case, I have them select from a CSV which contains emails and use pulldata() to get the email (and other employee data)
    abureaux_1-1708962109433.png

EDIT: If you don't see email (or maybe username also), update your Connect. I believe that email was a "newer" addition. Get Connect from the Microsoft Store so it auto-updates.

0 Kudos
GDS
by
New Contributor

Thanks for your answer. I tried that, but the problem is that it doesn't appear in the form. The aim is for the person consulting the survey to be able to see the email address of the person who filled in the form.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Data collected in the "username" or "email" field is hidden by default (seems like a deficiency that it requires a "label").

You can show it by referencing that field. You can also make the display field dynamically appear. Try something like:

abureaux_1-1709050236274.png

0 Kudos
GDS
by
New Contributor

That's perfect! It works exactly as I wished! Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean you want the original email address to stay unchanged?

A calculated field in Survey123 that already has data in it (such as when editing an existing entry) should not overwrite the existing value unless the user clicks the icon to recalculate it.

Have you considered making a separate form for editing existing features? We do that a lot, where fields are calculated at initial collection, but then are considered read-only from that point on, so a separate form keeps uses from editing those fields.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

calculationMode=always may be set. So new username = updated calc?

If this is what's going on and @GDS really wants to minimize user interaction, I'd recommend setting up calculates. Probably something that users IF statements and pulldata("@property", 'mode') to store the username for a "new" submission in one field, and "edit" in a separate field.

0 Kudos
GDS
by
New Contributor

Thanks for your answer. Yes, because it is not possible to modify a survey that has been sent. Only to create a new survey, consult and enter a repetition on an existing geometry (but then it's a new survey). Currently, the person who, for example, consults a survey that has been sent, sees his or her own e-mail address appear, rather than that of the person who filled in the survey.

0 Kudos