Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when trying to Add "pulldata" calculation for Geofence

Jump to solution
02-27-2024 04:56 PM
KaufmannC_Pasco
New Contributor III

Hello!

I am trying to modify an existing Survey I created for tracking lost or found pets in my region. However, some reports are well outside our range and so I am trying to create a geofence through Connect desktop app. I downloaded the original survey from AGOL into connect and added the fields and followed the directions from this post here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/limiting-extent-in-which-a-point-can-exist/ba-p/....

When I try to save the Excel doc I got the following error after adding in the fields,
"There has been a problem trying to replace ${ValidX} with the XPath to the survey element named 'ValedX'. There is no survey element with this name."

I've attached a copy of the xlsx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You named the fields VallidX and VallidY with two L's, but you refer to them in your calculations as ValidX and ValidY with only 1 L. 

- Jen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You named the fields VallidX and VallidY with two L's, but you refer to them in your calculations as ValidX and ValidY with only 1 L. 

- Jen
KaufmannC_Pasco
New Contributor III

Biggest facepalm! Thank you Jan! That solved that error. I am now getting a different one unrelated to my original error.

"The following language declarations do not contain valid machine-readable codes: Espanol-Mexico (ex-ms), English-US (en-us)."

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Only en and es are supported in Connect. The en-us and es-mx codes only work in report templates and with URL parameters (?locale=ex-ms). 

Supported Languages

- Jen
0 Kudos
KaufmannC_Pasco
New Contributor III

Once I removed all the language codes and converted them back into their default field names, the error went away and I was able to save the document. Thank you very much again!

I lose out on the Spanish translation for the moment which I have to look up ho

w to add in connect but that should be simple enough fix. It's interesting and weird to think survey123 doesn't like its own language codes and field names from the online version when you download the survey to Connect.

Edit: Just had to change language codes to "label::English (en)" or "label::Español (es)" etc. and now everything is working!

0 Kudos