Display repeats together as a table

Jump to solution
01-13-2022 04:08 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm just trying to work out if it is possible in Survey123 Connect 3.13 to set the appearance for a repeat so that all the records are shown on the survey form at one time.  Intended use is the field client on an iPad.

I've set up a repeat with a fixed grid appearance for manhole inspections which looks as I want it to. However the default behaviour when entering multiple records is for each one to be accessed via the arrows underneath the questions.

GarethBaker1_0-1642075331472.png

Is there are way to make each record appear below each other i.e. like a spreadsheet/paper form/database table, so that the user has a better visual indication of their progress and can easily jump back to a previous record if it needs adjusting?

In our case they could be inspecting up to 300 manholes as part of the overall survey so I think it would quite fiddly to have to use the arrow buttons to scroll through records to find and check a particular record.

13 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can't but here are some shots

Calcs 

Basically have a if(some condition, 1, 0) inside the repeat to get a number for a condition you are looking for.

Summary page outside the repeat use sum() for a total or, sum() div count() for an avg.  Or a join() just for display.

DougBrowning_0-1706036231979.png

If you have nested repeats then do the sum twice.  Once in the grandchild, then again in the child and finally in the parent.  This will roll up the values.

Then you can use grid to make a nice display.  Plus add red warnings if anything is off.

DougBrowning_4-1706036636201.png

Expanded

DougBrowning_2-1706036568151.png

DougBrowning_3-1706036591071.png

Hope that makes sense

Bgiordano
New Contributor II

Epic! Thanks Doug!

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I would suggest posting this into ArcGIS Ideas for Survey123 so that the community can "kudo" the idea as popular ideas tend to be considered by the development team.

ArcGIS Survey123 Ideas - Esri Community

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Most of the links I posted are ArcGIS Ideas already.  Some going back to 2017.  thanks