Differences between mobile version and desktop version with external_choices

Jump to solution
07-20-2020 09:45 AM
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone!

We have designed a survey in survey123 connect, where we have conditional questions and they are required.
These questions are select_one and are related to an #external_choices In the mobile version it works fine, however in the web version we have a problem since it does not recognize the data of external choice and we can't send the data. Please look the pictures.

Survey123 connect:

Web version:

Notice that in the web version, it does not show the label designated in the external choices, directly displays the name. Is it an application bug?

Ismael Chivite‌ any suggestion?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

This is the correct answer from James Tedrick to resolve my problem.

There seems to be an issue with the webform when one cascading select is present in the choices sheet and the rest are in the external_chocies – moving the ‘act’ choices to the external_choices sheet addressed the issue.

James

Many thanks James for the quick response! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Harold,

Could you share your XLSForm?  External choices do work in the web app, so there might be another issue with the configuration of the form.

HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you James.

Please share your Email

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Please feel free to e-mail me at jtedrick AT Esri.com

0 Kudos
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

This is the correct answer from James Tedrick to resolve my problem.

There seems to be an issue with the webform when one cascading select is present in the choices sheet and the rest are in the external_chocies – moving the ‘act’ choices to the external_choices sheet addressed the issue.

James

Many thanks James for the quick response! 

0 Kudos