Default Future Date

05-03-2021 01:34 PM
TylerDeBruin
New Contributor III

I have a survey I am completing for our well permits. I have a date question where people enter their permit test date. I have another date field where I would like the default date to be 5 years in the future from the date the person inputs. This would be a read only date that shows the permit's expiration date. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon Tyler,  Yes it is possible using the calculate field. A sample of one I currently use for inspections is shown in the attached Future Inspection screenshot.JPG file.  The attached Excel file is an excerpt from my project that generates the form behind the above screenshot.  The calculate type is basically a hidden row so no one will see it anyway.  I have a long formula in the Calculation field since the user will pick from different future inspection dates. Also, the "null" entries in the bind::esri:fieldType field prevent this information form being entered in the database.  The Previous Inspection Date is for information only - helps the field user determine what the previous inspection frequency might have been but the frequency is usually determined by other factors discovered during the inspection.  I hope this all makes sense and helps to answer your question.

TylerDeBruin
New Contributor III

Thanks for the help! I got it to work.

0 Kudos