Date is wrong in attributes

05-15-2019 09:55 AM
CynthiaLieberman
New Contributor

We noticed that the Date field in the attributes is one day earlier than the actual submitted date. Is this fixable? Is there a work-around that allows me to have the actual date (I'm in Eastern Standard Time) rather than the "one day earlier date" in my attributes?

Date Discrepancy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

We were having a similar issue and figured out that it was because one of the dates was being written using UTC time.  We're in Pacific Time so it's UTC minus 8 hours for us.  I'm guessing you'd be UTC minus 5.  Based on that you'd still be getting dates on the 15th so I'm not really sure what is going on in your case.  It might be defaulting to the whatever timezone was set in the database when it was originally spun up.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, David! We are still fiddling with it...

0 Kudos
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

You can try doing a calculation on date to add / subtract the required number of hours to adjust your date. Otherwise this posting mentions an offset to adjust date/time.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cindy,

Just to check, the Date field you are highlighting is a 'Date' question?  If so, that is stored as midnight in the submitting time zone - if someone submits this in a timezone west of you, it may appear as the previous day.

0 Kudos