Date in a different language as english in a feature report

02-19-2020 06:56 AM
SéverineBoll
New Contributor II

Hi everybody,

I published a survey in German, my ESRI-account, my field-devices and my web-browsers are configured in German too, but when I try to export a date in a report (like ${Datum|format:"dddd DD. MMMM YYYY"}), it always appears in English (Wednesday 19. February 2020 instead of Mittwoch 22. Februar 2020).

Does anybody have an idea to solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi  Séverine,

We haven't support the localized date/time stamp print out in feature report yet.

I encourage you to submit this issue as an enhancement via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

0 Kudos
SéverineBoll
New Contributor II

Hi Shwu-jing

Thanks a lot for your answer!
I will post the issue as you suggested me. In the meantime, I found a workaround with:

* calculating the week-day and month with %a and b% in the form

* concatenating the results in the report.

Not soooo beautiful, but ok...

Best regards,

Séverine

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Séverine Boll‌,

In the coming 3.11 release (planned in early October), we will introduce a new expression "filter" in for the template of Survey123 report service, you can use it with an ISO 639-1 code supported in ArcGIS Online to localize date or datetime question. For example,

• ${date1 | locale:"de"}
  • ${date1 | locale:"ru"| utcOffset:"+03:00"}
  • ${datetime1 | locale:"en"| format:" MMMM Do YYYY, h:mm:ss a"}
  • ${datetime1 | locale:"zh-cn"| utcOffset:"+03:00"| format:" MMMM Do YYYY, h:mm:ss a"}

This is available now on Survey123 beta website https://survey123beta.arcgis.com. You can have a try and let us know if it works for you.

Thanks again for your feedback.

0 Kudos