Date doesn't reset when switching values

Jump to solution
05-03-2018 01:10 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I have a form that opens with a select one question that defaults to no. The form also opens with a group that shows the intake date and a due date and a due time.

first showing

When I change the select one question to 'yes' this group disappears because relevant is set to only show the group when that select one question is no or null. When I look at the validate input screen all of the field values in that group are null as expected. When I change the select one question back to 'yes' this group is visible but now have empty values.

no date

There are no relevant formulas on any of these calculations.

no date calc

The formulas contain code that evaluate the intake date and depending on a priority will set the future dates. If those future dates fall on a Saturday or Sunday it will advance one day backward or forward. Time has a default of 17:00

I tried adding the same relevant formula that I have on the group

${appointment_needed}='no' or ${appointment_needed}=''

but that did not make a difference.

- using SurveyConnect version 2.7.72

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

This is a limitation of calculated values and changes in relevancy in Survey123 now.  When you specify a question to be non-relevant, Survey123 will empty the question as it has been indicated that the question is no longer part of the form; the same holds true for all questions in a group (which sounds like this is the case in your form).  We plan to improve relevant handling to apply calculations when a question becomes relevant; in the meantime, the date will need to be manually set after becoming relevant (after setting, it will behave the same as it did before, with the option to recalculate after manual entry).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

This is a limitation of calculated values and changes in relevancy in Survey123 now.  When you specify a question to be non-relevant, Survey123 will empty the question as it has been indicated that the question is no longer part of the form; the same holds true for all questions in a group (which sounds like this is the case in your form).  We plan to improve relevant handling to apply calculations when a question becomes relevant; in the meantime, the date will need to be manually set after becoming relevant (after setting, it will behave the same as it did before, with the option to recalculate after manual entry).