Data results not showing up for Survey123

03-16-2017 12:19 PM
ElizabethBrown2
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I noticed that a couple people seemed to be having a similar issue as me with regard to the Survey123 app. Two weeks ago when I was using the app I wasn't having a problem, but starting late last week even when I entered fields and the data submitted, the data hasn't been showing up. The data point itself still shows up on the map, but none of the associated data. Any ideas why this is happening? Anything I can do on my end to resolve this issue?

Happy to provide more details if it would be helpful.

Thank you!

Elizabeth

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Elizabeth,

What you're describing sounds like an unforeseen interaction between the surveys authored on the web and a change to the hosted services that occurred with the March 1 update to ArcGIS Online.  This was corrected on March 9.  Any surveys created on the web between then needed to manually expose the fields on the data collection layer- see Enable anonymous submittal - 03/2017 workaround - YouTube  for a demonstration.

0 Kudos
ElizabethBrown2
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I'm still having this problem, however, as of this morning. All of the data appears when I use the Survey123 app with my ESRI account; however, when I fill out the survey on the browser, none of the data is recorded except for the geolocated point.

I tried doing as the YouTube video suggested to this problem for my new data (added today), but I don't have that Set View Definition button that you use in the video. Any ideas why that is?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Elizabeth,

It looks like you loaded the original table item.  Check your 'My Content' page and click on the survey's folder - you should see 3 or 4 items:

- a Form item

- a Feature Layer (hosted) item - this is what you've loaded

- 1-2 Feature Layer (hosted, view) items - the one with 'stakeholder' is the one to modify.

0 Kudos
ElizabethBrown2
New Contributor II

Hi James,

OK, thank you! I completed the steps described by you and the video, but I still can't see the data submitted by the "anonymous" user--only the data that I submitted through my ESRI account. I've attached a screenshot in case that helps. Any other ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Elizabeth,

The steps to fix are to allow data to be submitted successfully from that point forward; it doesn't affect the already submitted data.

ElizabethBrown2
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Oh, OK! Thank you for your help.

On a separate note, I have a couple fields in my survey autofill using the "cache answer to the question" option for when the user sends another response. However, the autofill has only been working in the browser version, not the app. Any ideas what's happening there?

Elizabeth

0 Kudos
SimranArora2
New Contributor

Hi, I stumbled upon this group looking for some solution to my error. I do not have the "1-2 Feature Layer (hosted, view) items - the one with 'stakeholder' is the one to modify." file created under my form on ArcGIS Online. Any leads in this regard would be helpful.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-M0V5-IqusbtS
New Contributor III

Hi James - I am recently seeing similar activity with a survey I published last week.  The behavior I am seeing relates to Survey123 data not showing up from any users other than me, the publisher.  Users who have accepted the invite to join the group, downloaded the shared survey, filled out the form (has photo attachment) and successfully submitted...only to have these records not show up in the feature service (only my records are making it back after successful submit of form).  I published from Survey123 web app and can invite you to join the group to test if that is an option.

Any help is greatly appreciated as field season is starting to heat up!

Best regards-

Eric-

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Did you check the permissions set on your feature layer?  There is a chance that you have permissions set so users can only see the features they submitted. When this is set, only the owner of the survey can see all features.

To access permissions: Go into your Content tab in arcgis.com. Then navigate to the field worker hosted feature layer view of your survey (if  missing, simply go into the surveys feature layer), and then look for the dialog below under the Settings tab. Change permissions accordingly.

0 Kudos