Data entry disappearing when scrolling

Jump to solution
06-17-2022 01:07 PM
HeesooChung
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a bug in my form I'm trying to understand.  I have a form with repeats.  Inside the repeat is a question and depending on the answer to that question, another required question may appear.  This all seems to work fine.  But when scrolling back through the repeats to review the entries, the input to the required question has disappeared.

I have attached a simpler version of my form that exhibits this behavior.  I created the form in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect and I can scroll through those entries without the field blanking.  But when using the Survey123 app on a tablet, the field blanks.

Has anyone else seen similar behavior or have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I'm not completely sure if this is what's causing your issue, but you may want to look into the differences between relevant and body::esri:visible. See this documentation:

You can hide a question from view with an expression using the body::esri:visible column. This column hides the question if the expression it contains does not evaluate as true, while still keeping the contents of the question itself. For example, the expression ${edit_location}='yes' causes the question to only display if the edit_location question has been set to the value yes.

This behaves similarly to the relevant column, with both columns hiding a question until the expression in the column evaluates as true. The primary difference is that body::esri:visible doesn't clear the value of a question hidden by the expression and still submits the hidden value to the feature layer. This makes body::esri:visible useful if the field's default content should be required, such as a default or calculation.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I'm not completely sure if this is what's causing your issue, but you may want to look into the differences between relevant and body::esri:visible. See this documentation:

You can hide a question from view with an expression using the body::esri:visible column. This column hides the question if the expression it contains does not evaluate as true, while still keeping the contents of the question itself. For example, the expression ${edit_location}='yes' causes the question to only display if the edit_location question has been set to the value yes.

This behaves similarly to the relevant column, with both columns hiding a question until the expression in the column evaluates as true. The primary difference is that body::esri:visible doesn't clear the value of a question hidden by the expression and still submits the hidden value to the feature layer. This makes body::esri:visible useful if the field's default content should be required, such as a default or calculation.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
HeesooChung
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the prompt reply and pointing me in the right direction!  Using the body::esri::visible column instead of relevant has fixed my issue.