Customised thank you screen appearing in the wrong place

04-17-2021 10:59 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hello there, 

I've been using Survey 123 Connect for a relatively short while, and wanted to customise the thank you screen.

I've used the 'generated_note_prompt_submitted' note (see screen shot below), but the thank you text appears at the foot of the actual survey screen, rather than once the survey has been submitted.  

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

My survey is here: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/cafd524cee6a48e0be6a348b43df46c9

HelenCooper_0-1618682262208.png

Many thanks, 

Helen

Tags (2)
20 Replies
HelenCooper

As noted in the screenshot here -  if thank you screen content is specified in Survey123 Connect the content in the designer will be ignored.  But I still can't find out how to correctly specify the thank you screen in Survey123 Connect. 

HelenCooper_0-1624627260683.png

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

@HelenCooper me neither, I have searched and searched through the threads and can't figure it out.

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

My best guess is that I am using a different version of Survey123 connect than you but when I have run into issues in the past sometimes it is simplest to copy all of the xlsx sheets into a separate excel sheet, create a new survey in Connect, paste the cells in the new survey, save and republish. Then edit the thank you screen in web designer and publish. Sometimes things get funky in connect after republishing many times.

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Thanks Sarah for your perseverance!  That's a good suggestion, I'm hoping someone from ESRI might respond too as I'd love to know how to configure it in Survey123.

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

@SarahHartholt I was also wondering if that would do the trick. Possibly the multiple publishing of the xls form throughout the creation process made it so that it can't be overwritten by the designer anymore. I will try out creating a brand new form with the details I have finalized for my survey.

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

@JamesTedrick You've kindly helped me before with a Survey123 question - is there any chance you could advise on this?  Very many thanks in advance if you can!

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

in your original post you have the thank you field set as a note. Populate the relevant field for your thank you note to only show once the question above it has an answer.

string-length(${is_so_please_include_your_contac})>0

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

But I want it to show once they've actually submitted the form, not when they've filled in the penultimate question (sorry - I'm honestly not being deliberately awkward!!)

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

@HelenCooper I finally got mine to work properly using the web designer method. I had to download and install the newest version of Survey123 (3.12) and then I had to create a brand new survey and import the original survey xml into it! 

0 Kudos
HelenCooper

Thanks @KaraUtter - the survey I was running is now closed, but I will try this again next time!

0 Kudos