Custom url stopping at the inbox

10-28-2020 12:30 PM
JohnBeers
New Contributor

Has anyone one noticed a difference in 123 on android. I was using a custom url to open a survey from a web map and with the latest version 3.11.164 the process stops at the inbox with my intended survey that I now have to select edit to open. I have the previous version 3.10.323 on a windows machine and it still opens the survey. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

Thanks for reporting this. We had a backlog issue for this and will try to address this in the next release.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

0 Kudos
Valven
by
New Contributor

We actually have been ok with opening the existing survey from the in box. It gives the user confirmation that they are opening the correct survey. This is a good solution as long as you have 2000 features or less to query all in the inbox.(inbox size limit is 2000 records)

I have a more frustrating issue with 3.11. Is there a way to put 3.10 back on an Android device. 

My problem is that I have a feature service of about 80,000 features with related activities. To select a feature in a web app and have the custom url open S123 worked with the field version 3.10. The url would query the feature service and find the globalid, put it in the inbox and open the from ready to edit. Another observation is that with 3.11 to open a custom url from an app of any kind it cuts the url at the query. This happens less with and with the editor tracking disabled. It now needs to be the a basic web map in a browser on a windows laptop with 3.10 for this to work. The automatic updates for the playstore caught me by surprise and updated our field tablets to 3.11. Now there is no way for me to use S123 as a viable field solution for this project. It seems to be good for small datasets or one off collection projects. The Field Map app is appealing but there too are limitations in the form logic. ..

It dose appear that I am the only one running into this issue. I will see if things turn around for me on the next release. 

0 Kudos