Creating Variables Independent from Feature Layer?

Jump to solution
05-05-2022 12:39 PM
ArvadaColorado
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm attempting to format an ADA survey with conditional formatting. Such that when a field worker enters an out of spec measurement, the question field they just populated becomes red. I've added a section of my form below for reference.

The below snippet shows the integer question for "GutterCounterSlope" and a note defining the compliance window for this attribute (Must be less than 5%). The third line is my attempt at calculating the background color (GCS_Color) for that GutterCounterSlope label.  

This appears to work during the preview stage, but when I attempt to publish, S123 Connect views my GCS_Color calculate as an actual question and since it's not a value in my feature layer, I cannot publish it. 

type

namelabel calculate

integer

GutterCounterSlope<body bgcolor=${GCS_Color}><font color="black">(GCS) Gutter Counter Slope (%)</font></body>  
note <div style="text-align:center; font-size:small; ">The gutter counter slope at the street or bottom of ramp runs shall be 5% maximum</div>  
calculateGCS_Color  if(${GutterCounterSlope}>5, "#ff7373", "")

Is there a way to define variables that are independent from the Feature Layer that the survey is bound to? I would really like this solution to work as I cannot have 40+ 'color' fields for each measurement our crews will be performing. Alternatively, is there a different way I can format colors for my labels when compliance is not met on these measurements?

For reference, I utilized this documentation when putting this calculation together: https://www.esriuk.com/en-gb/news/we-talk-tech/survey123-dynamic-colouring-and-advanced-summary-page

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Try this: put null in bind::esri:fieldType column and publish.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Try this: put null in bind::esri:fieldType column and publish.

ArvadaColorado
New Contributor II

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for your help! That solved the problem!

0 Kudos