Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a group

Jump to solution
11-18-2020 03:33 PM
MeganHead
New Contributor

Hi,

I've just created a survey in arcgis survey 123 and now I want to share it so that people can collect data.

I believe I need to create a group to do this, and I've read the instructions to do that, which say make sure you are the correct user type (I think I am - my user type is "creator") and then click on "create groups" under the "my groups" tab. I see the my groups tab, but can't find an option to create a group anywhere, only the option to search my groups.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Megan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Megan,

Could you please go to https://yourorg.arcgis.com/home/groups.html  and see if you the + Create Group button?

EsriTH_ArcGISOnline_GroupCreation.png

If you do not see the button, it could be because of your user's role & privileges, which is different from user types (e.g. Creator). Your role need to be a User, Publisher, or Administrator in order to create a group.

If you are an administrator, you change your roles by following the steps here. If not, please contact your organization administrator to do so.

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Megan,

Could you please go to https://yourorg.arcgis.com/home/groups.html  and see if you the + Create Group button?

EsriTH_ArcGISOnline_GroupCreation.png

If you do not see the button, it could be because of your user's role & privileges, which is different from user types (e.g. Creator). Your role need to be a User, Publisher, or Administrator in order to create a group.

If you are an administrator, you change your roles by following the steps here. If not, please contact your organization administrator to do so.

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
MeganHead
New Contributor

thanks, I've contacted my administrator to look into my role 🙂