Collector and Survey123 integration - Arcade expression is not passed to Survey123

10-18-2021 11:04 AM
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor II

Hello all, 

I have a map that will be used in the Collector app to launch a form in Survey123. It will pass a few parameters that are built in Arcade.

I've tested this on the desktop (map viewer & survey123 app) and Field Maps on my mobile device and worked perfectly. However, when I use the Collector app, not all arcade expressions are passed to the survey. This case, x, y information is successfully passed as geopoint but not about intersecting polygon's attributes.

Here is my sample html. Do I need to make any difference to work with Collector? or Collector does not support passing arcade values as attributes?

* expression 3 and 4 do not work. 

expression 3: define if there is a critical route within 500m from the selected feature. It will return either yes or no.

expression 4: define the service area number based on polygon and selected feature's intersection.

<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID= ZZZ&amp;field:Structure_Number={Structure_No}&amp;field:Structure_Name={Structure_Name}&amp;field:Highway={HIGHWAY_ROUTE_1}&amp;field:Critical_Route={expression/expr3}&amp;field:Asset_Type=BRIDGE&amp;field:Service_Area={expression/expr4}&amp;center={expression/expr0},{expression/expr1}&amp;callback=arcgis-collector://?itemID=AAA" rel="nofollow ugc noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">

Thank you all.

K

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What do you have in the Arcade code?   Looks like maybe you are using FeatureSet?  If so those are only supported in Field Maps.  Test in Field Maps and see if it works.  Collector is going away in December anyway.

0 Kudos