Change the post-submit screen text in Survey123?

Jump to solution
02-20-2018 11:33 AM
deleted-user-z2GLgII8IrQ9
New Contributor II

After you submit a survey the following screen says "Great! Your data was sent successfully. Thanks."  and has a link labelled "Please click here to submit again.". 

Is it possible to change these messages? 

Thanks,

Mike

Tags (1)
55 Replies
YvetteFreake1
New Contributor II

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but every time I choose the Design tab online it just opens the survey in Survey123 connect as the survey was designed in connect. Is the function to change the thank you message available somewhere in connect and I'm not seeing it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Yvette,

Have you tried clearing the browser cache or using a different browser?

Also, as Zhifang notes above, you need to do the following, as this is only supported in the latest version of Survey123 meaning the version locking must be off or republish you survey from Connect:

• If your survey is version locked, you either need to turn off the version lock in the Settings page of the website or republish the survey in Survey123 Connect 3.3 or later.
  • If your survey is not version locked (always use the latest web app), you should see the modification of the thank you screen content automatically.

Phil.

YvetteFreake1
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

Thank you! That was the problem.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Zhifang Wang

Our organization is thrilled with this new functionality, but when our publishing from S123 Connect 3.3.51 to Portal (haven't tested in AGOL yet) the thank you screen is configurable but after publishing changes, the survey does not reflect the new message and the default message still appears. This behavior is reproducible across all browsers (Chrome, IE, and Safari)

We have opened an Esri Support case regarding this behavior, but I thought I would pass it along here as well. 

Custom message published

Not applied, only default message:

Any resolution would be great. 

Thanks so much!

Amanda

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately, it's a bug for the initial 3.3 release where the new feature only works for surveys in ArcGIS Online but not for surveys in ArcGIS Enterprise. Currently, we plan to have a hotfix within this week to address this issue, will let you know once the fix is available on the website.

Thanks,

Zhifang

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

We look forward to your update. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Amanda,

The fix to this issue is available on https://survey123.arcgis.com now, would mind have another try?

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Zhifang Wang

It works like a charm! Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Amanda,

Great!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other question or feedback.

AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

Zhifang,

I may be missing something.  I have a survey published using 3.5 and when I edit the submission message in the Survey123 website and publish the changes, the submission message remains default.  I have "use latest version" checked under settings.

The survey is located here: https://arcg.is/1OqTmW 

0 Kudos