Select to view content in your preferred language

Change Survey123 Maps based on choice

5 hours ago
RyanMcKenna
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am building a survey for sampling in  several buildings with multiple floors. The user will add a geopoint for the source of the sample and has a repeat with a geoshape to draw the representative area of that sample. My plan is to have web maps setup for each level, so the floorplans for level 1 for all buildings will be in one map, and plans for level 2 in another and so on. I have linked the maps to my survey but currently the user will need to change the base map in both map questions every time they complete a survey (likely several dozens of samples a week).  I am hoping someone can help find a solution to the following:

1. Is it possible to have the user select a floor and have that trigger the basemap used in the survey? In this article @Ismael uses a map ID in "body::esri:style" to set the default map. I have setup a calculated field to identify the correct map ID for the floor selected. Is there a way to pull in this selected map ID into "body::esri:style" to change the basemap? I have tried a few options with out success but I know sometimes it comes down a specific syntax or workflow.

2. If the above is not possible, is there a way to change the base map for all map questions in the form when one is changed? This would save time for the user and reduce the risk of mistakes, i.e. I could see the user selecting the correct base map in the first question but possibly forgetting to change the second map, or accidentally selecting the wrong base map in the second Geo question. 

3. If neither of the above are possible, as a QA/QC check is there a way to record which base map was used in a geo question? Some floors are largely similar but also differ enough if the wrong floorplan is used it could cause issues down the road. If we could record the base map used, we could QA/QC to see when a different map was used based on the floor selected and could correct the issue early on.

Thanks for any feedback

0 Kudos
0 Replies