Change of Active Location Symbol in the Geopoint Map

10-05-2021 10:28 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I have developed survey for staff to collect locations of animals from the air. Everything works great. One complaint that has come back from the biologists is the blue dot on the map showing their location is hard to see when moving over aerial photography. Is there any way to change this symbol to something larger or even change it to an airplane?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

4 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

If you are using Connect and the field app, you can configure custom geopoint symbology using the body::esri:style column. See more details in the Esri custom columns section of the  Survey123 Documentation.  This functionality is not currently supported in the web app.

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Barbara,

For some reason this is not working for me. I have the following in the body::esri.style cell - symbol=Cessna.png?scale=10. I have upgraded all my S123 tools to the latest version to make sure this should work.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

It looks like there's a typo in the .png file name. Once I changed the file name from Cassna to Cessna, the custom symbol was visible in the geopoint map in your survey.

-Barbara 

0 Kudos
JonathanDandois
Occasional Contributor

Following onto this: can body::esri.style accept a calculation? I've been trying to get this to work but it keeps failing:

symbol=concat(${field_name}, ".png")

Where "field_name" would populate from a list of choices (A, B, C, etc.) and I have added Media images to the Survey in 123 Connect with the same names "A.png", "B.png", "C.png", et.

Nevermind, I see it in the docs now, this is not supported, i will see if I can pull it from a reference to a question.

The value provided can be either a constant or a reference to a question, for example, symbol=${symbol_question}. Inline expressions are not supported.

0 Kudos