This seems to have just started in the past day or two, and I can't think of anything I may have changed to cause the issue.
In a survey, I have a map and when the survey taker places a marker on it, a hidden field calculates a physical address for that marker. However, in the past couple of days, what I've seen is that, while the marker gets placed correctly, the calculated address is the current location of the survey taker (assuming they have let their browser know their current location.)
For example, in the image below, the point is clearly placed on Gloria Ave., but the survey's calculated field has the address as 907 Terminal St., the building I work in and where I created the test submission from.
The line in Survey123 Connect that is doing the calculation is:
where location_of_problem is the geopoint field the user enters the location of their issue.
I've tested this on a couple devices and browsers. None result in the correct address anymore, and some, for example iPhone using the Chrome browser, result in no address being returned at all.
There is some funkiness in how that map is chosen, so I'm including the form.xlsx, but I believe it was working even with that. I first noticed this yesterday.
Ok, since this is still not working, I've added code on the back-end. The survey has a web-trigger that talks to a Python Azure Function. I now have that function basically reading the x,y coordinates and sending them through the ArcGIS Geocoding Service and returning an address. This is then used to backfill that field in the survey table.
Admittedly, this is a slower process, but for now, at least, I've got something that works. 🙂